Electric power industry
Code – 6В071026
Qualification – Bachelor of Engineering and Technology in the educational program 6B07126 – Electric Power Industry
List of qualifications and positions
- Primary positions of a technician of the 1st category
- Specialist in the operation of electrical networks, power stations and substations
- Employee of research organizations
- Employee of design and design organizations in the direction of “Power supply”
- Consulting and commercial activities in the field of the electric power industry.
Qualification characteristics of the graduate of the educational program
1 Area of professional activity
The field of science and technology includes a set of technologies, means, and methods of human activity aimed at creating conditions for the production, transmission, distribution and consumption of electricity.
2 Objects of professional activity
Power stations and substations, electric power systems and networks, power supply systems for cities, industrial enterprises, agriculture, transport systems and their facilities, relay protection and automation of electric power systems, regulatory and technical documentation, methods and means of monitoring the quality of electricity, products of the electrical industry, systems electrical equipment and power supply, electrotechnological installations and systems.
3 Subjects of professional activity
– power stations and substations;
– electrical systems and networks;
– relay protection and automation of electric power systems;
– power supply of enterprises of various industries;
– non-traditional and renewable energy sources;
– electrical insulating and cable technology;
– electrotechnological installations and systems;
– lighting equipment and light sources.
4 Types of professional activity
– production and technological;
– organizational and managerial;
– installation and commissioning;
– design and engineering;
5 Functions of professional activity
– installation and adjustment,
– analysis of production activities
6 Standard tasks of professional activity
– participates in the production and technological activities: in establishing the parameters of the optimal mode of equipment operation; in determining the composition of electrical equipment and its parameters, schemes of electric power facilities; in ensuring compliance with all specified parameters of the technological process and the quality of the products produced; in carrying out technical, economic and environmental analysis of installations and systems;
– participates in organizational and managerial activities: in organizing the work of a team of performers; in choosing a solution that meets various requirements (to cost, quality, safety and deadlines) in both long-term and short-term planning; in the assessment of production and non-production costs to ensure a given level of product quality; in the implementation of technical control, testing and quality management in the production process.
– in assembly and adjustment activities, it carries out: development of assembly, adjustment and repair documentation; planning of work on putting equipment into operation; installation, operation and repair of energy technology equipment, participation in installation and adjustment works in accordance with regulatory documentation, in acceptance tests of equipment, acceptance of equipment into operation;
– in design and engineering activities: development of projects for power plants and substations, electrical systems and networks, relay protection and automation of electrical power systems, power supply for agricultural enterprises, non-traditional and renewable energy sources, electromechanics, electrical insulation and cable technology, electrical installations and systems, lighting engineering and light sources, electric drive and automation of technological complexes;
– participates in research activities: in the analysis of the state and dynamics of objects of activity; in the creation of theoretical models that allow predicting the properties and behavior of objects of activity; in the development of plans, programs and methods for testing technological systems and electrical equipment; in the use of computer technologies for processing the results of experimental and theoretical studies; in the development of energy-efficient electrotechnological equipment, installations and complexes;
7 Areas of professional activity
Professional activity is aimed at the modernization, design, and operation of electrical facilities: power stations and substations, electrical systems and networks, relay protection and automation of electrical power systems, power supply to enterprises in various industries, power supply to agricultural enterprises, non-traditional and renewable energy sources, electrical insulation and cable technology, electrotechnological installations and systems, lighting engineering and light sources.
8 Content of professional activity
– exercises control over the correct, safe and functional distribution of energy resources;
– takes part in the development of power systems for production;
– takes part in the development of draft specifications, standards, and technical descriptions concerning electric power systems;
– conducts an expert evaluation of technical proposals, technical assignments and other documents related to the design of electric power enterprises;
– takes part in scientific research and development of the topic in separate sections (stages, tasks) following approved methods, participates in experiments, conducts observations and measurements, compiles their description and formulates conclusions.