Code – 6B11111
Qualification: Bachelor in the field of services in the educational program 6B11111 “Tourism”
List of qualifications and positions:
- Travel agent;
- Tour guide;
- Tourism manager;
- Tourism instructor
Sphere of professional activity
The areas of professional activity are research organizations that study the problems of tourism development; advertising agencies engaged in the promotion of tourist services to the domestic and foreign markets; organization of the system of the Ministry of Emergency Situations; other organizations and companies whose activities are related to the tourism industry
Objects of professional activity
Government bodies related to the organization of tourism (ministries, akimats, their regional divisions and structures); public and private companies involved in the tourism business; tourism consulting companies; marketing services of tourist enterprises; tourism infrastructure facilities; research organizations involved in studying the problems of tourism development; advertising agencies engaged in the promotion of tourist services to the domestic and foreign markets; organization of the system of the Ministry of Emergency Situations; other organizations and companies whose activities are related to the tourism industry
Subjects of professional activity
The subject of professional activity is the process of tourism activities, organization of work according to goals, resources and results, rational control of the activities of employees and tourism enterprises and organizations in general, team management and coordination of activities in the external environment, employee motivation, representation of tourism enterprises and organizations and their external interests, research and diagnostics of problems, forecasts, goals and situations, consulting, methodological, educational work with employees, innovative activities in the field of tourist traffic management, organization and planning of preventive and search and rescue operations in tourist events.
Types of professional activity
- organizational and managerial;
- production and technological;
- service and operational;
- tourist and recreational;
- preventive and search and rescue.
Standard tasks of professional activity
- mastery of the state, Russian and at least one foreign language as part of the implementation of the multilingualism program;
- long-term and current planning of tourism activities, taking into account changes in the socio-political and socio-economic situation in the Republic of Kazakhstan and abroad;
- development and promotion of new types of tourist services;
- organization of accounting and control to optimize the management process in the tour operator and travel agency activities;
- management of work on the provision of tourist services in various areas of the tourism business;
- conducting marketing research to increase the efficiency of tourist sales;
- organization of preventive measures for the safety of tourism activities;
- innovative activity in the field of tourist traffic management.
Areas of professional activity
Improving the process of managing tourism enterprises and organizations in the context of the formation of the tourism industry in Kazakhstan, studying the tourism opportunities of our country and the foreign market of tourism services to optimize the system of current and long-term planning, introducing modern methods of tourism services and information technologies, improving the quality of the tourism product; formation of own additional computer, management skills, Public speaking, Time management skills.
The content of the professional activity
- organization and management of work on the provision of tourist services in various areas of the tourism business;
- conducting marketing research and organizing advertising campaigns to promote the services offered by the travel company to the domestic and international markets;
- conducting research on the state of the tourism services market in Kazakhstan, the CIS countries and in certain regions of the world, studying the prospects for the development of tourism and forecasting it, taking into account the characteristics of countries and regions;
- participation in the development of measures for the rational use of natural resources and environmental protection;
- the ability to navigate modern information flows and adapt to phenomena and processes that are dynamically changing in the global economy;
• mastering the skills of making decisions of a professional nature in conditions of uncertainty.