The purpose of the educational program:
Training of highly qualified personnel in the field of translation, meeting the modern requirements of the employer and the needs of society, science and technology.
List of qualifications and positions of the direction of training:
Sphere of professional activity:
– the sphere of culture and intercultural communication;
– the sphere of international relations;
– administrative and managerial sphere;
– the field of publishing;
– the sphere of mass media;
– information and analytical sphere, etc.
Objects of professional activity:
Cultural institutions, international organizations, embassies and representative offices, ministries, tourism agencies, publishing houses, translation agencies, information and analytical services and other organizations and enterprises.
Subjects of professional activity:
Authentic texts of different genres and styles in various types of translation, reference literature and other sources of information (Internet, electronic dictionaries).
Types of professional activity:
– translation (written translation of texts and documents of different genres, interpretation of negotiations, international meetings, conferences);
– organizational (organization and holding of various kinds of events, creation of professional and public organizations);
– information and analytical (carrying out socio-political analysis, compiling business correspondence, reports, reviews, forecasts of the situation, editing translations)
Functions of professional activity:
- carries out written and oral translations;
- carries out mediation in various types of interlingual and intercultural communication;
- conducts applied research in the field of translation studies;
- advises on the issues of the studied foreign language and culture;
- edits and abstracts informative and artistic texts.
Standard tasks of professional activity:
- implementation of written (written-oral) translations;
- implementation of oral (in particular, consecutive) translation at conferences, negotiations, business meetings, presentations and other events;
- implementation of scientific and practical activities in the field of translation studies and intercultural communication;
• implementation of summarizing and annotating foreign literature.